Monday, March 9, 2009

Catherine Morland: worthy of hero status?

I think Catherine Morland will be the underdog of Northhanger Abbey. She is going to surprise everyone. I mean from the very first descriptions of her she is poor and plain. As she gets older however she gets more and more accomplished and beautiful.

I think she will just keep surprising people by her ability to sing, draw, read, write and play the piano, in being an accomplished lady. She will be quick witted and make everyone laugh. She will be the life of the party. That is my prediction but we shall see if this is right.

From her character so far it seems as if she is one of those girls who like to prove people wrong or surprise people with doing something they do not expect. I can say that I identify with her in this way.

I think the way she will rise to the hero status will be in the following way:

She is going to save some one's life. They will be drowning and she will save them. Then she will be rewarded and looked upon as a hero, then she will be given first choice over whom she wants to marry in gratitude to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment